
Is it gratifying to drive an enormous truck? I realize, after hearing that it took all of Mychal's weight to depress the gas pedal, that I will never find out for myself. Similarly, I will never know the sense of accomplishment of heaving a 4-foot tall spinet down and then up two sets of stairs. On the other hand, as I sweat through two tee shirts and wonder where a pair of shorts might be, I discover the odd solitude of being the box bearer and that I have a preternatural skill of packing boxes both "heavy" and "fragile."
Shortly after noon, the troops show up. Moving becomes a team sport, the one-up-manship and heavy-lifting competition begins in earnest. Not enough coffee for this crowd, as the smack talk is limited to comments about the importance of tape and box bottoms.

Yes, well, at least we didn't move our chipped glass collection, as did some annonymous box-doner.
No comments:
Post a Comment