Saturday, February 18, 2006

Some Kind of Rhythm

Looking back over the last few posts, seems like we've fallen into a 'once every two weeks or so' rhythm. Rest assured though that we've been holding forth on diverse topics, and slaying various demons. The first half of February was very busy for both of us. I was involved in the planning and media production for an annual company event, while my lovely and talented wife travelled to Albuquerque, New Mexico. Where she delivered one helluva paper to an audience of 3. I suspect you may have an opportunity to hear more about this.

The annual company event almost always falls during the week of Valentine's Day. Turns out most companies prefer to not conduct week long conferences during that week, and so there are deals to be had on hotel ballrooms. Throw in the Sales Guy impulse to have their own room at the expense of certain creature comforts and refinements, and you wind up in Burlingame drinking pints with your co-workers at "Knuckles' Historical Sports Bar" on February 14th.

Only this year I elected to come home after the event kick-off, stopping at Urban Arrangement to grab the flowers you see here. While I was at the flower stand, a guy wearing a t-shirt printed with the image of a sheet of notebook paper walked up. He was holding the hand of his girlfriend. The notebook paper image depicted sketches and statements indicating his intention to get not one, but two lap dances. He purchased his girlfriend a single long-stem rose.

Trying to find a photo of the shirt online, all I could come up with was this.

No comments: