One of the numerous perks of my job is the availability of a floating holiday. It's essentially a get out of work free card, and each year you are given one. With good weather arriving in earnest yesterday, I decided to cash in my floating holiday today. Motivated, at least in part, by a strong desire to not find myself at Home Depot on Saturday morning during the first warm and dry weekend of spring, I started on our garden.Like most of our projects so far, this one involved reversing certain decisions that the previous owner's of our house had made. In this case, removing chunks of bark that they'd covered raised garden beds with. Two hundred square feet of bark.There might be more efficient ways to dispose of all of it, but I went with these 30 gallon paper bags. Because they look cool.

Tomorrow we'll be mowing our plot of grass, and finding a way to get all this yard refuse to the curb.
No comments:
Post a Comment